Monday, October 10, 2011

4D ultrasound & a trip to labor and delivery!

Austin Dean Jay!
This last month we had a 4D ultrasound done and here is some of the pictures of our little man! 

Saturday I had been having cramps all day and that night around midnight I noticed that I was having contractions every 1-3 minutes so we decided it was time to go to the hospital. We were so unsure of everything that we forgot to grab my hospital bag! Jordon did grab the baby's car seat and his bag so we were partially ready to go. When we arrived at the hospital they put us into a labor room and hooked me up to all the monitors. After about 30 minutes of monitoring my contractions and the baby's heart rate  they nurse decided to check me. I was dilated to a 1 and 80% effaced! I was super shocked and very glad we decided to go in. I was then given a series of three shots to stop my labor.
 



After three hours of waiting to see if they worked, they checked me again and I was a loose 2 and still 80%. My doctor then admitted me and treated me for pre term labor. Needless to say we were starting to get nervous!! They put in an IV of fluids and penicillin. After about 4 hours of waiting they checked me again. I was still at a 2 and 80 %. They followed my contractions and seen that they were beginning to slow. They then released us to go home! What an adventure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment